Board of Directors meetings occur quarterly in various locations across the region, and are always open to the public.
Executive Committee meetings (all Officers and Committee Chairs participate in the Executive Committee) occur quarterly and more often as needed.
Marketing Committee meetings typically occur after Board meetings and every month or two as needed throughout the year.
Calendar of 2019 Board Meetings
Board meetings are held from 10AM to 12PM.
Check below for meeting locations or cancellations.
- March 7 – Bryant Moore Community Center, Ellsworth
- June 6 – Cobscook Community Learning Center, Trescott
- September 5, Blue Hill, Location TBD
- October 30, Historical Society Convergence, Castine
- October 31, 5th Annual Tourism Symposium & Awards – Stonington
- December 5, Milbridge/Steuben/Cherryfield, Location TBD
DART is a fee-based membership organization, but our work benefits DownEast Acadia businesses, organizations, and communities regardless of membership.
Annual membership dues contribute critical required cash-match to maintain our ability to receive a Regional Grant from Maine Office of Tourism (MOT). Cash-match also allows DART to provide planning, development, and management services in addition to Marketing and Promotion work funded by MOT. Our members also contribute valuable in-kind match through their generous donations of time, services, and products.
Responsibilities and Benefits of DART Membership
- Come to the table – either in person or through chosen representation (2 voting positions)
- Provide feedback, input, and ideas, especially on regional marketing projects
- Review and comment on the DownEastAcadia.com website to help us improve this over time
- Share information and photography or video on your sub-region for website development and social media promotion
- Share DART newsletters or important information with your own members and colleagues
- Encourage/assist your members or colleagues to list their business or event on DownEastAcadia.com – they will automatically appear on MOT’s website – and list your own events
- Collaborate and share – support and promote each other’s programs and communities
- Promote regional collaboration, and DART, to your peers and colleagues
- As much as possible, assist with the Annual Symposium and other fundraising efforts
- Pay your dues annually
Board of Director’s Membership for Non-Profits other than Chambers of Commerce is $100/annually and allows for two representatives and one official vote. Chambers pay $2/per member.
Associate Membership for Businesses and Individuals in $50/Annually and allows for two representatives but is a non-voting position.
Download an Associate Membership Application here:
Download a copy of DART’s Organizational Bylaws here: