DART’s yearly marketing plan ties together regionally significant assets to help move people throughout all of DownEast Acadia. DART is dedicated to marketing efforts that reflect the diverse experience of people, places, and things to do, as well as the region’s rich culture and inter-connected stories.
DART markets to visitors seeking community, authenticity, adventure, connection, and relaxation. Our primary audiences are individuals and families and individuals who enjoy:
- Authentic engagement with people and place
- Immersive educational experiences
- Quiet and relaxation
- Connection with raw nature
The overall goals of DownEast Acadia’s Annual Marketing Plan are to:
- Achieve continuing annual growth in overnight and day trips to the DownEast Acadia region.
- Successfully attract visitors to all parts of the region.
- Insure the economic benefit of increased visitation is realized and shared by all.
- Sustain the the character, culture and environment of the region.
Target Audiences for marketing promotion include:
- Adults, Primary age 45+, Secondary 35-55
- Income $50K+
- Families traveling with Children
- Outdoor adventure and Cultural/heritage travelers
- Residents of Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic US, and Atlantic Canada
- Independent travelers with own transportation
- Those who enjoy trailblazing experiences, desire educational opportunities and authentic engagement, and seek greater connection with nature
Click here to view the PROPOSED 2019 Project Budget for the Maine Tourism Marketing and Promotion Partnership Regional Grant
The basic goals of our Marketing Plan are to:
- Promote DownEast Acadia’s MOST unique regional assets via paid advertising, social media, E-news letter, and our visitor guide
- Seek earned advertising opportunities through media tours, blog and social media special guests, photography and video by local artists, and Maine PR Partners
- Assist in promoting local businesses through our regional marketing themes
- Engage more businesses in partnering through co-marketing and co-branding
Measurable Objectives include increasing increasing the number of:
- Visitors to our website, DownEast Acadia.com
- Requests for information via the website
- Leisure travelers making overnight trips to DownEast Acadia
- Visitors choosing DownEast Acadia as their primary destination in Maine
- Younger travelers and families in the 25-45 age range
- Maintain marketable overnight trips from consumers aged 45+
Results will be measured by:
- Sales tax numbers
- Social media metrics
- Visitor surveys
- Active engagement from businesses across the region